We are seeking an Area Marketing Coordinator who will be responsible for various marketing projects, as assigned by the General Manager. Scope of duties will vary according to projects, but may include the following: assisting student housing properties with implementation of marketing mediums; facilitating marketing training for property staff; assisting in the development and distribution of property marketing resources and training material; conducting market research projects; implementation of the strategic marketing plan; provide support to the onsite property staff; other projects as assigned. This position will report directly to the General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Implementation of all marketing activity at the properties
- Participate in property marketing calls as needed
- Attend, plan and implement marketing strategy at housing fairs, open houses, orientation and other property, university of local marketing events
- Implement marketing strategy and advise on additional marketing opportunities that may be available
- Train on-site staff on appropriate marketing mediums and implementation
- Assisting with tour and leasing prospect activity and lease administration processes at properties
- Report updates to the General Manager
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash
Annual Marketing Plan
- Strategic review of annual marketing plans.
- Provide feedback and ideas to improve property marketing plans, calendars, and marketing time lines.
- Monitor effectiveness of marketing mediums and provide recommendations while working with property marketing budgets.
- Complete and assist with property market surveys, university profiles and housing cost analysis as needed.
- Implementation of strategic marketing plan elements
- Establish relationships with on-campus and guerilla marketing partners
- Implementation of guerilla and on-campus marketing efforts
- Assist in training on-site staff to foster and continue established on-campus and guerilla marketing partnerships as well as create new ones
- Implementation of social and online marketing campaigns
- Implementation of strategic marketing plan elements
- Evaluate market conditions and competitive properties
- Tour competitive properties and obtain marketing materials, evaluate the staff and marketing/leasing efforts
- Provide recommendations on leasing specials as needed.
- Implementation of leasing specials to applicable marketing mediums
- Assist with planning and implementation of orientation marketing, housing fairs, open houses, or other property events where the staff needs additional assistance.
- Implementation of additional critical and troubled marketing strategy plans
- Evaluate and provide feedback on Community Assistants and Leasing/Marketing staff
- Implementation and review of SMS data and reports
- Review of SMS data in correlation to LAMS data
- Identify new marketing and advertising opportunities
- Evaluate leasing and marketing signage
- Evaluate and inventory marketing collateral, printed materials and promotional items
- Review and edit online advertising websites for accuracy and effectiveness
- Implementation of renewal marketing campaign elements
- Assist with planning and implementation of renewal marketing events
- Evaluate renewal marketing signage
- Assist property staff and General Manager with planning and implementation of any and all marketing or promotional events
- Provide training and manage the planning process for large-scale marketing events
- Coordinate with creative team and leasing and marketing directors on promotional orders
- Maintain ongoing communications with university officials
- Update corporate office on university relations and communications
- Communicate with university officials in order to obtain direct mail lists
- Communicate with university groups and departments (athletic department, international student organizations, transfer office, orientation office, off-campus housing office, etc.)in order to facilitate a marketing relationships and potential master lease opportunities
Leasing and LAMS Administration
- Assist in LAMS and lease audits when present at a property as needed
- Ensure that the property maintains all SOX compliance regulations as needed
- Ensure that LAMS follow up steps and data entry are being complete daily at the property level as needed
- Assist in giving leasing tours, answering leasing phone calls and process online inquiries as needed
- Assist in providing leasing training and closing training as needed
To be successful in this position you should have the following education and/or experience:
- Bachelor degree required; or 4 years’ experience in the student/multi-family housing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in leasing or sales
The ability to address common inquiries or complaints from residents, prospective tenants, parents, university or community officials, or members of management. Strong customer service, administrative and organizational skills. Able to multitask, be detail oriented and to be a self-starter with hands-on approach.
Back to Results