We are seeking a Parking Attendant who will provide support to the residential and retail property administrative staff. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: data entry, filing and phone calls; performing duties such as walking the garage and surface parking areas to perform vehicle inspections to ensure proper parking; logging and tracking any vehicles that may be in violation of the property’s parking policies; and assisting customers and guests with proper parking locations and alerting administrative staff of any needed repairs on the surface and garage areas. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize the workload and/or recommend changes in parking practices or procedures.
The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Maintains order throughout the parking areas on the property to include both surface and garage parking.
- Perform regular vehicle inspections of residents and retail employees to ensure property decals/hang tags and vehicle information is current/valid.
- Monitor the guest parking level for residents’ guests and identify any non-guest violators or guest parking violations.
- Answer questions from customers and residents pertaining to property parking locations.
- Work with security on special events for parking (e.g. football games, resident move-in/move-out).
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including mornings/afternoon/evening and weekends.
- Daily inspection of the resident garage gate and parking signage.
- Work with towing to remove violators.
- Monitor cameras for parking areas.
- Greet Customers and residents in a courteous manner.
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information and calls.
- Handle confidential and non-routine information and explain policies when necessary.
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring events and ongoing occurrences and projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Customer relations experience a plus
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills and Communication Proficiency
Back to Results