Responsible for performing financial analysis supporting the company’s efforts in the area of asset management which includes, operations, development, and the economic impact of strategic business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Analysis of existing real estate assets based on historical operating and financial performance.
- Financial modeling of future financial performance of real estate assets based upon company operating standards and specific due diligence information.
- Compiling, logging, and interpreting information relating to asset financial performance, asset physical condition, market conditions, and results of third party reports.
- Financial modeling and analysis, including IRR analysis, cash on cash return, pay back period, leveraged and unleveraged returns.
- Special reports, ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Investigating detailed financial information on a micro and macro level.
- Work with corporate and property staff to identify historical trends and opportunities for operating efficiencies.
- Quarterly reporting and monitoring.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments:
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash in the office and around our communities. No matter their position or duration at the organization, everyone picks up trash.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree; Finance, Economics, Real Estate or related field
- 1-3 years financial analysis experience in a real estate company
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent understanding of mathematical and financial concepts including net present value, internal rate of return, payback period, cash on cash return, and all basic mathematical concepts associated with the financial analysis of real estate.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organization skills
- Defining problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write business correspondence and proposals that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Self Starter
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Meet deadlines as assigned
Back to Results