We are seeking a Property Accounting Manager who will oversee the accounting and financial reporting functions for a portfolio of properties as well as supervise and mentor a staff of 3-5 of varying levels within the property accounting department.
- Supervise, mentor and train a team of 3-5 individuals including Staff Accountants, Property Accountants, and Senior Property Accountants
- Understand and ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and departmental policies and procedures. Evaluate and makes appropriate improvements as needed.
- Review, coordinate and complete the preparation of accurate books and records for owned and third party managed properties within their portfolio
- Oversee and ensure the timely and accurate completion of property close folders
- Perform review functions during end of month close
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Work directly with Directors of Property Accounting to allocate and prioritize team job functions and responsibilities
- Assist financial operations personnel and other company departments with questions and information requests as needed
- Manage special projects and initiatives as assigned
- Perform accounting research on technical matters
- Coordinate and complete audit requests as needed
- When visiting an American Campus Community, support our commitment of unparalleled customer service and curb appeal, including never walking by a piece of trash without picking it up. At ACC – we are all groundskeepers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage Performance
- Supervise Others
- Problem Solving
- Financial Management
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Bachelor's degree (B.B.A.) in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years related professional experience preferred
- 2+ years in a supervisor role managing a team a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- MRI a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, leadership and presentation skills
- Handle multiple high priority projects with a keen attention to detail
- Problem solve and analyze data demonstrated by the ability to assimilate new information, understand complex topics and arrive at sound analysis and judgement
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Work independently while logically and strategically taking on accounting issues which adhere to US GAAP
Certificates and Licenses:
CPA Preferred but not required
Carries out supervisor responsibilities including: interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Also provides regular updates to leadership.
Back to Results