We are seeking a temporary Maintenance Associate who is responsible for maintaining and repairing American Campus Communities (ACC) buildings and grounds according to safety guidelines, and ACC policies and procedures to support the achievement of the property’s business goals and objectives. This is a temporary position, lasting the length of the project.
- Accompany vendors to units for major Capital projects throughout market.
- Responsible for understanding and following the ACC key policy.
- Report any observed violations of property rules and regulations to Maintenance Supervisor/Manager and/or General Manager.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Assists in the maintenance and general repairs, including preventative maintenance of the property’s buildings both exterior and interior and grounds in accordance with ACC objectives.
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
- Paints interior walls, as needed.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in maintenance equipment.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Prepares apartments for occupancy in accordance with apartment turnover protocols.
- Performs duties and assists in completing daily duties as outlined in the ACC BOSS program.
- Keeps property grounds clean.
- Assists daily in picking up trash on the grounds.
- Attend all mandatory employee staff meetings and company safety meetings/webinars.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- A High school diploma or equivalent. And/or one to three months related experience.
- The ability to operate of various types of tools and equipment safely and efficiently, and follow MSDS rules for the handling and use of any chemicals.
- The ability to use small power tools and hand tools, drive a golf cart, and lift various items up to 50 lbs.
Back to Results