The Creative & Production Services Manager is responsible for proofing and editing, providing creative direction and thinking, and ensuring that all materials are designed and executed in a timely manner, while upholding the integrity of our company’s brand and brand guidelines. This position works collaboratively with the Marketing, Leasing and Operations teams to support the implementation of our Strategic Marketing Plans and established procedures while also working closely with all other functional business departments at ACC to meet their strategic goals and marketing objectives.
- Proof and edit all materials for accuracy and provide approval before production.
- Marketing request workflow management for an assigned portfolio of properties using workflow software.
- Prioritization of art requests and production flow based on type of project, leasing numbers, deadlines, strengths of graphic designers, etc., while assuring all deadlines are met.
- Ensures design consistency within specific property materials as well as consistency with other American Campus properties according to ACC branding guidelines.
- Initiate and manage new projects and provide specific design direction and content to graphic designers to ensure on-time execution and completion of projects.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Effective written and verbal communication with both internal and external resources.
- Translation from written or verbal concept to marketing concept and visual product.
- Review and implementation of strategic marketing plans for assigned portfolio of properties.
- Manage the printing processes of all materials for an assigned portfolio of properties.
- Manage the direct mail process for an assigned portfolio of properties.
- Provide active involvement and guidance in both the intake and creative meetings for all assigned projects.
- Participation in the annual campaign processes.
- Ensure adherence to established guidelines, quality control, pricing and efficiency by printers and marketing vendors.
- Copywriting and editing projects.
- Evaluate and purchase stock photography as needed.
- Digital asset management.
- Responsible for making recommendations for improvement of campaigns/designs based on leasing velocity and traffic trends.
- Responsible for making recommendations on printed orders.
- Maintain knowledge of leasing numbers for assigned portfolio of properties and update marketing messages and design strategically in correspondence to velocity.
- Assist and provide training and training documentation on relevant production and marketing topics as needed for ACC properties and departments.
- Participation in marketing system enhancement process, requirements, testing and deployment.
- Maintain knowledge of message, demographics, market info and other pertinent information for assigned portfolio of properties.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of on-going trends in print, online and other marketing mediums.
We are passionate about our work and building community.
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Time Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, communication arts, graphic design or related field.
- 3+ years or more of marketing, editing and visual brand management work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Student housing or real estate marketing preferred.
- How to apply experience in marketing/communication arts, graphic design, or related field to the student housing or real estate market.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Project management and ability to prioritize projects.
- Initiative and resourcefulness.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional administrative/organizational skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Graphic design software specifically Adobe Creative Suite with specific focus on In-Design.
- Adhere to in-house style and branding guidelines.
- Multi-talk in a fast-paced production environment.
- Self-starter with hands-on approach.
- Shows initiative and resourcefulness.
Back to Results